Homes For Sale James Island SC | James Island SC Real Estate For Sale | Property James Island SC James Island REALTOR® – a wonderful little town on the outside of downtown Charleston between Folly Beach and West Ashley which offers a small town feel but with all the comforts of living in a larger city. Close enough to downtown and close enough to Folly Beach; James Island real estate tends to be a little more affordable than towns like Daniel Island, Mount Pleasant, or homes for sale in Downtown Charleston SC. Considered one of the “older communities”, James Island properties were mostly built 1950’s – 1990s, and new construction doesn’t come up very frequently as there just isn’t much dirt to develop.
ABOUT JAMES ISLANDINFO
MLS Listings Data
|Highest Listing Price:
|Average Days On Market:
James Island SC real estate, homes for sale on MLS at the moment have one hundred sixty-one listings including, condos, townhouses, home sites, and waterfront houses. The 29412 zip code is exclusively the town of James Island with the average price being $$803,481, with condos being the lowest-priced properties for sale at $$175,000 for the cheapest one on the market. Houses on James Island - Charleston SC also vary with how long they stay on the market vs maybe some other popular suburbs and the average days on the market are seventy-two days. If you need a consultation about selling your property on James Island in Charleston SC, or need a buyers' agent to assist in a purchase please contact our team for a meeting.
ABOUT JAMES ISLAND
James Island, nestled just outside the historic city of Charleston, South Carolina, offers residents a blend of suburban tranquility and proximity to urban amenities. With its rich history, diverse demographics, and a range of attractions, James Island has become a coveted destination for homebuyers seeking a balance between community living and access to Charleston’s vibrant culture. James Island boasts a diverse population, characterized by a mix of age groups, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Families, young professionals, and retirees alike are drawn to the area’s welcoming atmosphere and family-friendly neighborhoods. The community prides itself on its inclusive spirit, where residents from various walks of life come together to create a vibrant tapestry of cultures and traditions.
Housing Cost Trends: A 10-Year Analysis
Over the past decade, James Island has witnessed notable trends in its housing market. Like much of the Charleston area, James Island experienced steady growth in property values, fueled by its desirable location and quality of life. From 2014 to 2024, median home prices have seen a consistent upward trajectory, reflecting an increasing demand for housing in the area. While exact figures fluctuate based on factors like market conditions and property types, the general trend indicates a rise in housing costs, albeit with periodic adjustments typical of real estate markets.
Townhouses on James Island SC are a bit more expensive than condos but offer a lot more flexibility, and luxury in many cases. Because James Island has a lack of available dirt to develop, many developers have gone to building high-end more luxury townhouses throughout the Charleston area and James Island is no exception. For those who are on a budget but want to live on James Island condos are also fairly abundant.
Homes on Deep Water on James Island don’t come cheap as you might imagine. Any home on the waterfront in Charleston SC is likely $900,000 minimum. There are condos & townhouses on James Island that might overlook water for less, but if you want a home where you can go sit on your dock, or have a boat then you better be ready to pay upwards of $1 Million for anything nice. Rarely there will be a house come on the market on the water for less than $800k, but be prepared to have to do serious work to it if so regardless of where it is in the Charleston area.
ALL NEIGHBORHOODS OF JAMES ISLAND
Avg Days on Market
MORE ABOUT JAMES ISLAND
Demographics: A Diverse Community
James Island boasts a diverse population, characterized by a mix of age groups, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Families, young professionals, and retirees alike are drawn to the area’s welcoming atmosphere and family-friendly neighborhoods. The community prides itself on its inclusive spirit, where residents from various walks of life come together to create a vibrant tapestry of cultures and traditions.
POPULAR NEIGHBORHOODS OF JAMES ISLAND
Things to Do: Discovering James Island’s Charms
From outdoor adventures to cultural experiences, James Island offers an array of activities to suit every interest:
- James Island County Park: Spanning 643 acres, this expansive park features trails, picnic areas, and recreational facilities such as disc golf and a climbing wall. Families can enjoy seasonal events and festivals held throughout the year.
- Folly Beach: Just a short drive from James Island, Folly Beach beckons with its sandy shores and laid-back atmosphere. Surfing, fishing, and dolphin watching are popular pastimes for visitors and locals alike.
- Historic Sites: Explore the island’s rich history at attractions like the McLeod Plantation Historic Site, where guided tours offer insights into the area’s plantation past and African American heritage.
- Local Dining: Sample Lowcountry cuisine at James Island’s eclectic eateries, where fresh seafood and Southern flavors take center stage. From upscale dining establishments to casual seafood shacks, there’s something to satisfy every palate.
- Waterfront Activities: With its proximity to waterways like the Stono River and Charleston Harbor, James Island offers ample opportunities for boating, kayaking, and paddleboarding.
Proximity to Other Attractions
One of the advantages of living on James Island is its convenient access to nearby attractions:
- Charleston Historic District: Just a 10-minute drive from James Island, Charleston’s historic downtown beckons with its cobblestone streets, antebellum architecture, and renowned restaurants and shops.
- Plantations and Gardens: Explore the region’s storied past at plantations such as Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, where lush gardens and historic house tours offer glimpses into Southern history.
- Shopping and Entertainment: From upscale boutiques to bustling shopping centers, Charleston offers a wealth of retail therapy options. The city also hosts cultural events, live music performances, and theatrical productions year-round.
In summary, James Island epitomizes the allure of suburban living with its picturesque landscapes, diverse community, and proximity to Charleston’s cultural treasures. Whether seeking outdoor adventures, historical exploration, or simply a place to call home, James Island welcomes visitors and residents alike to experience its unique charm and Southern hospitality.